Heres a little tutorial on how I achieved this sleek low puff on my natural hair. This hairstyle is a variation on a low bun and it’s definitely easy to recreate.
Kinky hair can be frustrating sometimes, but it can also create some of the most beautiful hairstyles and Knowing how to style your curly hair is just as important as being able to create a beautiful upstyle. Sometimes you’ll need a quick updo and many hair stylists do not know how to deal with natural hair so you’ll have to fix your hair yourself. Knowing how to style your hair is very necessary for any curly girl. This particular hairstyle is ideal for those with mid-length natural hair or longer because you need length to create some volume at the back or you can always fake it with a clip-on weave.
I usually do this style on a day 3 hair from a wash and go, when my twist-outs or braid-outs start getting a little frizzy but a sleek low puff can also be done as a week’s style as it can last a long time depending on how you take care of it.
WHAT YOU NEED
- A Curl cream, curl custard, frizz taming serum or gel
- Leave-in conditioner
- Tail comb
- A denman brush
- Hair tie or elastic band
- Blow dryer (optional)
- Detangle your hair. This style works best on moisturised hair, make sure your hair isn’t very dry.
- Apply a generous amount of leave-in conditioner from roots to ends of dried hair to saturate the hair. ( I use a
lotttttof conditioner till my hair is completely soaked in it).
- Use a tail comb to part your hair and give it the look you wish. It could be a centre part, side part or something diagonal, be creative with it. I created a straight centre part
- Next, I used a Denman brush to brush my hair, ensuring that it was well sleek and detangled
- Use a hair tie to gently pull all my hair to the back of my head, making sure the line part was still well secured and neat.
- After gathering all my hair to the back of my head like a little low ponytail, I secured it with the hair tie, trying not to tie it too tight so I could still have some volume. The looser the hair tie, the more hair volume you get.
- now you’re almost done. U can use a curl cream, frizz-taming serum or gel to control any frizz or fly-aways and make sure the hairstyle remains perfectly sleek.
- Blow dry or leave your hair to air dry and you’re good to go
This hairstyle is great for office or formal meetings. It can also make up a perfect dinner date hair style or any event you decide to wear it to, have fun with it.